Friday, February 11, 2011

Eugh, Gawker


Haha, I'm glad Penny Arcade agrees.

Well, I'm not sure I care that much. But it's interesting someone has echoed my first thought which was "How nice that this is now easy to read on my non-existent iPhone." Not that I read much Gawker, but Lifehacker is a wonderful oasis in their desert of nastiness.

And going to Lifehacker, I was confused without my top bar of highlighted stories. Until I realized it was still there, but now it fills up the entire page while their actual blog is shrunk down to a corner under an ad. Apparently they wanted to showcase their top stories. So did they forget they had that top bar that already did that?

I hate to sound like those people that form a protest group every time Facebook does a redesign. But this seems like a pretty notable move backward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, comments will have to wait for manual moderation :/